SRPK enables UPI Payments through Intent Flow via UPI supported Apps like Google Pay, Phone Pe, BHIM, Whatsapp etc
SRPK now announces the new UPI Intent flow for payments on native mobile applications using existing UPI supported apps installed on their phones like Google Pay, Phonepe, Whatsapp, BHIM, Tez etc., thereby avoiding the need to use multiple apps (merchant, SMS, UPI app) for payments.
UPI has been a game changer for the Indian payment ecosystem and we strongly believe that UPI is the future of payments in India. We had launched UPI acceptance for businesses and have been offering P2M payments (customer to merchant) on UPI since 2016. The conventional UPI collect flow, allows bank account holders to transact using a Virtual Payment Address (VPA), without entering additional bank information.
HERE'S A LOOK AT THE UPI INTENT FLOW:
- Customer selects UPI as the payment mode in merchant app/website
- Customer is shown the list of UPI apps installed on their phone that support intent flow
- Customer selects their preferred UPI application
- UPI App opens with pre-populated payment details
- Customer enters the UPI PIN / MPIN to complete the transaction
- Customer gets confirmation of the payment being successful on the app/website
BENEFITS OF USING UPI INTENT:
- Customers need not remember and enter VPA
- Customers don't have to handle push/SMS notifications anymore
- Customers no longer have to juggle 3 apps (merchant, SMS, UPI app) while doing a transaction
- Improved payment process leads to higher conversion rate, decrease in abandoned carts, and shorter time to complete the payment
- Ease of making payments results in an optimal user experience for customers
Most of the UPI apps have added support for intent flow, including BHIM, PhonePe, Tez, Whatsapp etc. and various UPI enabled bank apps.
UPI Intent flow is currently supported only on Android devices. The best part is that you do not have to write a single line of extra code to add support for this! The existing web/mobile app integration automatically supports UPI Intent flow.